This Personal Data Protection Notice (“Notice”) is issued by Darryl, Edward & Co. (“DEC”), a partnership incorporated in Malaysia with its place of business at D-35-03 Menara Suezcap 1, KL Gateway, 59200 Kuala Lumpur.
DEC respects your privacy with regards to your personal data and information (“Personal Data”) which you have provided to us and we are committed to protecting your privacy and this Notice sets out how we collect, use and protect your Personal Data which you have provided to us in strict compliance with the Personal Data Protection Act 2010 (“PDPA”).
By engaging DEC to provide services or by interacting with DEC including at our events, conferences, seminars, talks or otherwise, or by using the DEC website [www.darryledward.co] (“Website”) or by communicating with DEC (collectively, “Services”), you consent to the processing of your Personal Data by DEC and all persons involved in the provision of the Services by DEC.
Clause 1 – Personal Data
- The Personal Data that you provide or have provided to DEC may include but not limited to information such as your name, address, email address, telephone number, national registration identity card number, passport number, nationality and bank account and credit card information and any information which may identify you, your spouse or family members that has been or may be collected, stored, used and processed by DEC from time to time.
- In addition to the Personal Data that you have provided to DEC directly (whether when engaging us to provide the Services or during any communication with DEC), your Personal Data may also be collected from variety of sources, including without limitation at any events, directly or indirectly from conferences, seminars or talks organised or sponsored by DEC and/or from the cookies used on the Website. Also, when accessing the Website, cookies will be collected by us as well. Should you wish for your Personal Data to not be collected via cookies you may deactivate cookies via your internet browser’s settings page. However, your ability to use the Website or the functionality thereof may be affected.
Clause 2 – Purposes for the Collection and Processing of Personal Data
Part 1 – By engaging DEC, you hereby agree and consent to DEC using and processing your Personal Data provided to DEC, in the manner and for the purposes described below:-
- for the provision of the Services;
- to facilitate payment for the Services;
- to respond to questions and comments from you;
- for DEC to communicate with you;
- for the operation, administration, internal management and record-keeping;
- those purposes specifically provided for in any particular service or product offered by us or our partners;
- for DEC to comply with its obligations under law and regulations, codes of practice or guidelines, policies, procedures (which may extend to know-your-client and related reviews) and directions issued by relevant authorities, including compliance with laws relating to evidence;
- for security and fraud prevention purposes;
- for the purposes of exercising or performing any right or obligation which is conferred or imposed by law on us;
- to provide information to regulatory and governmental authorities in order to comply with statutory and government requirements; and
- enable us to send you information by e-mail, regular postal mail or telecommunications means (telephone calls, SMS messages or social chat applications)
Part 2 – DEC may also use and process your Personal Data for other purposes such as:-
- to send you materials such as season greeting cards, newsletters, articles, write-ups and other updates;
- to distribute information of events, conferences, talks and seminars which may be of interest to you; and
- to send as potential referees to (i) editors/researchers in ranking legal publications and journals; or (ii) potential clients who request for referees of past work in requests for proposals, tenders and/or submissions,
if any, by way of mail and/or electronic mail.
Part 3 – In the event you do not agree or consent to DEC processing your Personal Data for the purposes set out in Part 2 of Clause 2 above, please notify DEC by contacting DEC via the contact details set out in Part 1 of Clause 5 below.
Clause 3 – Failure to Provide Personal Data
The provision of your Personal Data is voluntary. However, if you do not wish to provide your Personal Data or insufficient Personal Data is supplied, DEC may not be able to provide you with the Services you require or to communicate with you effectively. Further, you agree that we shall not be held liable for any of the consequences arising the non-provision of your Personal Data.
Clause 4 – Disclosure of Personal Data
Part 1 – We shall keep and process Personal Data in a secure manner. We endeavour, where practicable, to implement the appropriate administrative and security safeguards and procedures in accordance with the applicable laws and regulations to prevent the unauthorized or unlawful processing of Personal Data and the accidental loss or destruction of, or damage to, such Personal Data.
Part 2 – Personal Data provided to us will generally be kept confidential but you hereby consent to us disclosing your Personal Data to other companies, service providers or individuals to perform functions on our behalf, and consequently may provide access or disclose to your Personal Data to the third parties, including but not limited to, such as those listed below:-
- data entry service providers;
- storage facility providers;
- banks and financial institutions;
- professional advisors and external auditors;
- insurance companies;
- information technology (IT) service providers;
- government agencies, statutory authorities, regulatory bodies;
- any person to whom we are compelled or required to do so under the law; and
- such other party as DEC deems necessary for the purposes mentioned in Clause 2 above.
Part 3 – DEC may utilize information technology facilities and servers located outside if Malaysia and your Personal Data may be transferred to, stored, used and processed in a jurisdiction other than Malaysia. You hereby understand and consent to the transfer of your Personal Data out of Malaysia.
Part 4 – We reserve the right to cooperate fully with governmental or regulatory authorities, law enforcement bodies, private investigators and/or third parties in the investigation of any suspected criminal or civil wrongdoing. Further, to the extent permitted by applicable laws and policies, we may disclose your identity, contact information and/or information regarding your account(s), transactions or activities carried out on or via the Website, if requested by a government, regulatory or law enforcement body or an third party, or as a result of a subpoena or other legal action. We shall not be liable for damages or results arising from such disclosure and you agree not to bring any action or claim against us for such disclosure.
Clause 5 – Right of Access and Correction
Part 1 – You may at any time hereafter request: (i) for access to your Personal Data; (ii) request for rectification or correction of your Personal Data; (iii) limit the processing of your Personal Data by DEC; or (iv) to seek further information from DEC regarding the processing of your Personal Data, as the case may be, however, subject to the exceptions and restrictions as may be contained under the laws of Malaysia. If you wish to do so, please contact:-
|Name||:||Terrence Edward Chong|
|Address||:||D-35-3 Menara SUEZCAP 1, KL Gateway, No. 2, Jalan Kerinchi, Gerbang Kerinchi Lestari, 59200 Kuala Lumpur|
|Telephone No.||:||03-2730 6780|
|Fax No.||:||03-2781 9566|
You may also contact the above for any inquiries or complaints in respect of your Personal Data provided to DEC.
Part 2 – Please note that with respect to your right of access and/or correction of your Personal Data, DEC has the right to refuse your requests to access and/or make any correction to your Personal Data for the reasons permitted under the laws of Malaysia, such as where the expense of providing access to you is disproportionate to the risks of your privacy.
Part 3 – In the event of any change in your personal data, you are obliged to promptly contact and notify DEC.
Clause 6 – General
- We reserve the right to update, amend or modify this Notice from time to time, as the case may be. By continuing to communicate with DEC or by continuing to use the Services following the modifications, updates or amendments to this Notice, this shall signify your acceptance of such updates, amendments or modifications.
- This Notice is issued in English and Bahasa Malaysia. In the event of any inconsistencies or discrepancies between this English version and the Bahasa Malaysia version, this English version shall prevail.
- Our website may contain links to other sites and resources that are operated or provided by third parties with different privacy practices. We have no control over and do not take any responsibility for these third party websites and their personal data handling practices, and you are encouraged to review the personal data policies of web sites you choose to visit which are linked from our website.