Access and use of this website is conditional upon the acceptance and compliance with all the terms and conditions listed in this document (“T&C”). This T&C is issued by Darryl, Edward & Co. (“DEC”), a partnership incorporated in Malaysia with its place of business at D-35-3 Menara Suezcap 1, KL Gateway, No. 2, Jalan Kerinchi, Gerbang Kerinchi Lestari, 59200 Kuala Lumpur. All use of and/or continued access to this website signify the user’s acceptance to the T&C provided hereunder and by other notices or provisions published elsewhere on this website.
DEC reserves the right to amend or modify the T&C at any time without notice by posting the amended T&C on this website, and the amended T&C shall take effect at the time of posting. By continuing to use and/or access this website following the amendment or modification, it shall signify the user’s acceptance to such amendment or modification. Any violation of the T&C will result in the termination of the use of, and access to, this website.
Clause 1- Contents and Materials
- The contents, materials and information available on and through this website are based on applicable laws, regulations, directives and guidelines issued by the relevant authorities in Malaysia. The contents of this website are for the purpose of providing certain permitted information relating to the practice of DEC.
- The contents, materials and information on this website are intended for general information only and they are not intended to be complete or comprehensive. In no sense does any of the contents, materials and information on this website constitute legal advice or the provision of legal representation or services and shall not be relied on as such. You are advised to seek specific and formal advice on any matter that may be the subject matter addressed on this website.
- Whilst DEC takes all reasonable care to ensure that the contents, materials and information are accurate, current and complete, no warranty or representation is given to the completeness, adequacy or currency of information contained in this website. We shall not be responsible for any loss or damage of any kind whatsoever suffered or incurred by you or any other person or entity, in connection with or as a result of the use or access to this website.
Clause 2 – Relationship
- Viewing or accessing this website does not give rise to any solicitor-client or other relationship between the user and DEC.
- Communications between the user and DEC through this website, whether by way of feedback or response to queries or otherwise, shall not give rise to any solicitor-client relationship between the user and DEC.
- DEC makes no representation that it is permitted to render advice and provide legal services in any or all jurisdictions in which this website may be accessed save and except for Malaysia.
Clause 4 – Copyright Notice
DEC is the owner of all intellectual property rights, in relation to the content, text, layout, design, photographs, graphics and trademarks contained in this website and all such rights are strictly reserved. The reproduction of the contents, materials and information of this website in any form or version in part or in its entirety is prohibited and the contents, materials and information shall not be adapted, modified, translated, published, extracted, recopied, downloaded, transmitted, distributed, stored permanently or otherwise in any material form whether in a retrieval system or not, without the prior written consent of DEC.
Clause 5 – Legal Disclaimer
- This website is provided on an “as-is” basis only. DEC expressly disclaims all liability, to any person, entity, body or organisation, for all loss or damage of any kind whatsoever, whether direct, indirect or consequential, in respect of anything done or omitted to be done, whether wholly or partly, in reliance upon the whole or any part of the contents, materials and information in this website. DEC will not be liable if for any reason any part of this website or the entire website is not accessible to its users at any one time or at any one period.
- All reasonable precautions have been made to ensure that any information posted in the DEC site is free of viruses or anything else that may interfere with or damage the operations of the user’s computer systems. However DEC shall not be responsible, to the maximum permitted extent under applicable laws, for loss or damage howsoever caused including without limitation to damage to the user’s computer systems or unauthorised access or alteration of user’s information submitted via email or this website, which occurs in connection with use of this website or to the downloading of any documents, contents, materials and information posted on this website, or any third party’s sites linked to it, whether through a computer virus or any malicious codes or otherwise.
Clause 6 – Privacy Statement
- As the owner and operator of this website, through its Internet host server, DEC will obtain and retain certain information of the user, which includes using cookies to automate tracking mechanisms to track the user’s use of this website, frequency and other general information.
- Information about a user obtained through feedback forms, comments, queries and other communications between the user and DEC via this website will remain confidential. All reasonable endeavours will be made to protect the privacy of such information and to prevent the disclosure of the information.
Clause 7 – Links
This website may contain links to external websites and external websites may link to this website. DEC shall not responsible for the content, materials, information or operation of any such external sites.
Clause 8 -Termination
These T&Cs are effective until terminated, amended and/or otherwise replaced by DEC. DEC may terminate the user’s access to this website at any time with or without notice and without assigning any reasons whatsoever. In the event of termination, all T&C which are intended to survive the termination will continue to be valid and binding.